1. a maidservant or lady’s maid in a play, opera, or the like, especially one displaying coquetry, sauciness, pertness, and a tendency to engage in intrigue.
2. an actress playing such a role.
3. any lively or pert young woman; a young woman regarded as flirtatious or frivolous.
Etymology: from French; maidservant, from Provençal soubreto, from soubret - conceited, from soubra - to exceed, from Latin superāre - to surmount, from super - above.
~ GIVEAWAY TIME ~
So I recently reached 1000 followers (which is a big thing for me) and I have acquired some money, and because I love you all and enjoy giving people things, I’ve decided to do a giveaway!
What you get :
- Any five items from whatpumpkin or etsy
- Any two wigs from HelloCosplay
- Any outfit from HelloCosplay
- Four of the chibi key chains from TokyoToys
- Any two plushies from TokyoToys
- You don’t have to be following me, that’s silly, but it would be much appreciated and if you win and you are following me you get an extra present for being awesome
- REBLOGS AND LIKES COUNT
- Reblog as much as you like! But be wary of your followers, it might get annoying for them.
- Winners will be chosen randomly
- No side or giveaway blogs, just to keep things fair.
- YOU CAN LIVE ANYWHERE TO WIN
- Feel free to message me and ask if you have any questions!
GIVEAWAY ENDS 22ND DECEMBER AT WHENEVER I GET ON TUMBLR
Have fun lovelies!
Because so many of you cuties have followed me, I decided to do a second and third places!
So second place gets:
- Any plushie from TokyoToys
- Any wig from HelloCosplay
- Any three items from whatpumpkin or etsy
- Three of the chibi key chains from TokyoToys
- Any plushie from TokyoToys
- Any two items from whatpumpkin or etsy
- Two chibi key chains from TokyoToys
And finally at the end I will randomly select five people who will recieve plushies and key chains just for being awesome and so more people have a chance of winning!
Once again, have fun cuties!
This specifically refers to a hand striking the side of a person’s face, tells quite a different story when placed in it’s proper historical context. In Jesus’s time, striking someone of a lower class ( a servant) with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person “turned the other cheek,” the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed. Another alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was in effect putting an end to the behavior or if the slapping continued the person would lawfully be deemed equal and have to be released as a servant/slave.
THAT makes a lot more sense, now, thank you.
I feel like we aren’t talking about the fact the Perez Hilton made Ke$ha suicidal and gave her anxiety to the point that she needs medicine to stop her from hallucinating from lack of sleep. If that isn’t harassment, then I don’t know what is. Ke$ha only preaches of love at her shows and in her songs. She didn’t deserve his harassment
whoa that is fucked up :(
I’ve always been team Fuck Perez
Other fucked up things that famous blogger and asshole Perez Hilton has done and got away with:
- Told celebrities with mental illnesses to ‘get a life’
- Stalked Lady Gaga and then played the victim in numerous interviews
- Intentionally outed closeted LGBT celebrities without their consent, and then justified it because he’s gay
- Used homophobic slurs on a number of occasions. For this reason, several LGBT charities have refused sizable donations from him
- Stated that Michael Jackson’s cardiac arrest was probably a ploy to sell tickets
- Bullied several celebrities to the point of depression, and then had the nerve to make an anti-bullying video for the Trevor Project, which several celebrities responded to by telling their stories of how he had bullied them
So yeah, if this surprises anyone, they should probably look on his website. You literally can’t go a single page without seeing something libelous, insulting or downright abusive.
Let’s not forget this article about Tom Hiddleston at Cannes.
For like a week if you googled “Tom Hiddleston” this godawaful thing came up and I cannot imagine how embarrassing this would be for someone to see holy shit you’re supposed to be a mildly reputable celebrity site millions of people read this what the fuck is wrong with you
To elaborate a bit on the Gaga thing, he actually exploited her for some show he was doing which she took time out of her world tour to film, and then he harassed her during the interview by asking personal questions that she didn’t feel comfortable answering. He wouldn’t stop, to the point where Gaga’s makeup artist had to physically unplug the cameras. She cut him off, and he has since sent her disgusting messages on Twitter and personally basically making fun of her and her “decline” as a star.
He is not a good person. At all.
It’s winter here in Cranberry Corners.
Furisode (振袖) is a style of kimono distinguishable by its long sleeves, which range in length from 85 centimeters for a kofurisode (小振袖) to 114 centimeters for an ōfurisode (大振袖).
Furisode are the most formal style of kimono worn by unmarried women in Japan.
Many parents buy the Furisode for their daughters to celebrate this significant point in a young woman’s life. Furisode is a formal kimono for single women, it is brightly colored and made of very fine quality silk. In the very modest Japanese society wearing a Furisode is a very obvious statement. It is a very loud and clear advertisement that the single woman is available for marriage. (x)
Please note~ all previous reblogs on the prior contest image have been counted, but any reblogs after this image is posted will not be - please only reblog this image now.
One wig as pictured
A pair of pink circle lenses as pictured (in any eye power)
A custom made outfit/cosplay (up the the cost of £100) made by yours truly <3
Contest is International
Winner will be chosen on 24th Dec 11:59 (GMT)
and will be contacted via askbox/tumblr messages (should this not be open to me, another winner will be drawn)
Winner is drawn via random internet selector, and will have until the 31st Dec 11:59 (GMT) to respond.
Should you not want the wig/contacts due to health or other reasons~ The cost will be added into the maximum cost of the custom outfit/cosplay
Outfit/cosplay will have to be discussed, winner must be comfortable with giving general size details as well as their address in order for them to receive prizes
Rules and requirements~
Reblogs count, but likes do not
There is no reblog limit
You must be one of my followers to be eligible
Your askbox/message system must be open in order to contact you should you win.
Reblogs must not have any of this information removed/edited
The more you reblog~ the more entries you get btw x
Every single person that reblogs this
will get absolutely nothing
please look forward to it
A few select images from my Lolita shoot with FruitSaladMe
My new years resolution is to open an online shop and start selling the lolita dresses I make, for ladies (and gentlemen) of all shapes and sizes <3
This GLW contest is still ongoing <3 please support me here https://toptabapp.com/e/344s
So I’m styling a wig for my sister’s Mikasa cosplay—using my own head as a model because she’s all the way upstairs and only the brave dare enter her lair. Anyways, what do you think, is the piece that comes down her face too long?
The hair is a little bit longer than the original. But it’s getting close :)
You look quite good in the get-up too. Are you sure it’s purely for your sister and not a tiny bit for yourself? :P
Pardon my bluntness but you make a really cute Mikasa.
ahaha, you figured me out. XD
But it’s not for me, I don’t watch/read snk.